UPCOMING NEW TRIPS:
Call us for information on the following upcoming adventures:
- Everest North Col Expedition (Camp IV – 7000m/23000ft) including Lhasa, Tibet
- Mt. Cho Oyu Expedition (8201m/26900ft) including Lhasa, Tibet
- Mt. Kailas trek from Simikot, including Rongbuk Monastery and Lhasa, Tibet
- Upper Dolpo trek, western Nepal
- Manaslu / Ganesh Himal, central Nepal
- Mongolia horseback & Yurt safari
- Trans Siberian Railroad, and Lake Baikal hike
- Sikkim Trek, India
- Zanskar, Lahaul, Spiti, India
- Private Helicopter Trekking in Nepal
- Helicopter skiing in the Indian Himalayas
- High Atlas Mountain Trek, Morocco
- Mt. Kinabalu Climb, Borneo
- Funky side of Israel, Jordan (Petra), and Mt. Sinai
- Temples of Angkor Wat, Cambodia
- Galapagos Islands cruise with hike up Sierra Negra Volcano, horseback riding, biking.
- Climb of Mt. Cotopaxi Volcano (5897m/19347ft), Ecuador
TENT / LODGE HYBRID TREKS
In recent years, the quality of some of Nepal’s lodges has improved. In particular, the more popular trekking regions like Everest and Annapurna have some fairly good lodges, especially in the bigger villages. However, often the lodges in the high-altitude upper valleys are dirty and overcrowded. Another concern is that although some lodges are “eco-friendly” and do not burn precious local firewood to keep trekkers warm, others do and they should not be encouraged. The conundrum has always been: How can we use the good lodges, yet remain independent enough that we don’t have to stay at the bad ones? We have developed the perfect solution… Tent / Lodge Hybrid Treks!
On these trips, you have most of the advantages of a full-service camping trek, but you stay in lodges whenever they are an acceptable standard, and you also have a tent so that you don’t have to stay in the overcrowded, dirtier ones! Food is a-la-carte in lodges, but is quite cheap ($20-25 a day), and we have a staff member with hygienic cooking experience monitoring the preparation of your meals.
INCLUDED ON THESE TRIPS:
* Insured guide and porter(s) to carry up to 15 KG / 33 LBS per person.
* Lodge accommodation, & tent (whenever preferred)
* Insulating foam mattress & sleeping bag (if required)
* Trekking permits, National Park/Conservation Area permits
* Flights and/or ground transport to and from the trailhead
* Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu, & transfers to and from airports
* Personal Gear, tips to staff and porters (at your discretion),
* Food-budget about $20-$25 usd a day.
COST: about 40% less than our scheduled full service treks where available… contact us!
GUIDE / PORTER SERVICE:
If you are a very independent and experienced, and have a particular trek planned in Nepal, if all you want is to hire a local “Sherpa” guide and / or porter, we can arrange this for you very reliably. Our guides are well-trained, experienced, knowledgeable, appropriately clothed & equiped, honest, safe, and fully insured.
The cost for one of our staff members, including his food, accommodation, proper equipment and insurance, is:
Guide: $30 usd per day.
Porter: $28 usd per day. Will carry up to about 25kg/55lbs
Guide/porter: $32 usd per day. Will also carry some of your equipment – up to about 12kg/25lbs
If the group trips we offer do not fit with your schedule or interests, we can arrange a customized private trek or tour for you to any destination. We can also operate any of our group trips as a private excursion for your family, club or school, or customize a trip to your group’s specific interests. Tell us where and when you want to be and we will do the the work to get you there!
Land Cost: $2795
3 nights hotel accommodation in Ulaanbaatar, 5 nights accommodation in ger (“yurt”) camps, 7 nights in tents, all meals on tour, tour drivers, guide-interpreter, sleeping bags, entrance fees and provincial taxes, domestic flights.
Jul 04 - Jul 19 '15
Aug 01 - Aug 16 '15
Jul 03 - Jul 18 '16
Aug 01 - Aug 16 '16
Call for 2017 dates
Length: 16 days
| Max. Altitude: 4,270m/14,000ft
Khovsgol lake, Terkhiin Tsagaan lake, Gobi desert, nomads, outdoor activities, wildlife and rare animals, dinosaur remains.
Land Cost: $3990 per person sharing twin room
4-Star / 1st class hotels & deluxe tent accommodation on twin sharing, Air-conditioned luxury coach and train for all land travel including sightseeing, Domestic airfare, all taxes, portage, entrance fees at tourist sites, Daily breakfast and dinner suited to your taste, and lunch in Pushkar, English-speaking guide and tour escort, All other attractions as mentioned
Dec 29 - Jan 11 ’16
Feb 02 - Feb 16 ’16
Feb 22 - Mar 08 ’16
Feb 28 - Mar 13 '16
Dec 28 - Jan 10 ’17
Feb 01 - Feb 15 ’17
Feb 21 - Mar 07’ 17
Feb 27 - Mar 12 '17
Length: 15 days (sample)
Sample itinerary includes: Camel Safari - Elephant Ride - Bullock Cart Ride - Wild Life Trail - Cultural Shows - Folk Dances - Festivals & Fairs - Rickshaw Drive - Bollywood Movie - And Much More.